Thursday, August 15, 2013

They grow too fast, slow it down and spend time reading to them!

As I move through this time in my life, I can't help thinking that I have missed out on opportunities that were given to me through out my younger years. I was so wrapped up in getting through the day and putting the kids to bed so that I could relax. I forgot to cherish the time with my children. I was guilty of falling into the  mundane world we all share. Get up, go to work, come home, go to bed and do it all over again the next day. The phrase, "I can't wait until the baby is old enough so I don't have to drag this diaper bag around any more" Or  " I can't wait until the kids are old enough to stay home by themselves at night with out the extra cost of a babysitter!" I was guilty of saying these terrible things! Now I would give anything to turn back the hands of time to have those precious days back. Impossible to do, I know. That is where the idea of my writing came from. Trying to get closer to my past, bringing myself home. I have found such joy in the creation of these books. My hope is to share these books with you and your children. My intention is to give you the gift of precious time with your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment